Just when I thought I had this parenting thing figured out, I discover the JOY of having an almost two year old BOY! Here are a few of the things our "sweet" boy has discovered in the past two weeks:
- the excitement of decorating the walls with crayons
- how fun it is to use ball point pen on the kitchen floor
- that it sometimes hurts when climbing out of the crib
- how to open EVERY door in the house, including front and garage doors
- how to flush the toilet
- that it is more fun to flush the toilet when there is something in it...that doesn't necessarily BELONG in it
- the crib is no longer useful
- it doesn't matter how hard you hide the crayons, one is ALWAYS available for wall art
- that Noah sleepwalks
- and deadbolts are NECESSARY!
- that we haven't had to call in a plumber...yet...but we probably will eventually....
I love this sweet boy so much, but I am rediscovering those sleepless nights!
Here he is transitioning to a "big boy" bed.
Read this the other night....thought I'd share
A Mother's Prayer by Angela Thole
Lord,
When they scribble on the walls, please help me to see a rainbow!
And when I've said something a hundred times, please give me the patience to say it a hundred times more!
And on those particularly annoying days when I tell them to act their age, please help me to remember that they are!
And while we're on the subject of age, Lord, when I begin to lose my temper, please help me to remember to act mine!
And through it all, Lord-the fingerprints and runny noses, messy rooms and unrolled toilet paper, destroyed videotapes and broken knickknacks-please help me to remember this:
Someday, these will be the days I will long to have back again!

8 comments:
love, love the little men in my life! They drive you crazy and melt your heart all at the same time!!
He's a sweet sweet boy! Growing so fast!
Oh Noah!! You are going to be adventurous... I can just tell it!!
Enjoy your sweet little guy - the poem says it perfectly!!
Happy Weekend!
Oh man...got to love our little boys. My girls were the ones to color all over things.
Sharpie and newly painted walls!
Lovely!!
Oh man, he is such a handsome little guy!! It's a good thing, right? ;)
Loved the poem!!
Oh got to love the 2's although I think Nick was much eaisier than Whit has been
What an adorable young man you have! That poem spoke to my heart.
Love the poem. I have heard that WD-40 takes the crayon off the walls.
Oh my what are we going to do with our little boys. If I leave Trey alone for a second he is eating dog food or playing in the toilet. Nice!
Post a Comment